WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT OUR GUESTS TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE.
1. In order for a booking to be confirmed the following payments are required.
- For stays between 1 and 7 days, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- For stays of between 1 week and 4 weeks, one weeks’ tariff is required to confirm the booking with the balance payable the day prior to occupancy.
- Bookings in excess of 4 weeks, attract a payment of 2 week’s tariff at the time of booking, this being credited to the final 2 weeks of the confirmed booking. Four weeks tariff is payable on the day before occupancy and at the expiration of each period of 4 weeks thereafter.
2. All deposits or full payments are non-refundable. Please be advised that all non-refundable bookings are also non-transferable.
3. After the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 as a global pandemic, the consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected. COVID-19 related circumstances are not eligible for a refund or credit. COVID-19 related circumstances not covered include: transportation disruptions and cancellations; travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; changes to applicable law; and other government mandates—like evacuation orders, border closures, prohibitions on short-term rentals, and shelter-in-place requirements. Please remember to carefully review the terms and conditions when booking and we recommend travel insurance to cover costs that may arise from cancellations.
4. Non-refundable bookings entail no refund payments under any circumstance as per our policy. Please refer to our online channels for flexible booking options and refundable bookings.
5. A credit card number is required for the duration of your confirmed booking. If payment is made by cash or direct deposit a swipe of a valid credit card is required. If guests do not have a credit card a refundable amount of a minimum of $200 is required. This will be returned to the client on departure subject to any deductions for loss, damage, late checkout, etc.
6. If full payment is not received you give authorisation for the full payment to be debited to the credit card provided for security.
7. The client agrees to make all payments by the due date on the invoice received. If a payment reaches 7 days in arrears a late payment fee of $25.00 will be incurred.
8. There is a 2.5% service fee on all card payments.
9. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation is not a hotel/motel operator. The company offers fixed-term rentals of furnished and equipped residential accommodation and contracts with the client to guarantee that, on confirmation of the booking, accommodation of the class booked will be exclusively available to the client for a fixed period comprising the full duration of the booking. Availability of the accommodation is not guaranteed beyond the scheduled departure.
10. The client contracts with Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation to pay the tariff for the booking upon the terms stated in paragraphs 1 to 6 above, and unless otherwise arranged the amount so determined will be debited from the client’s credit card the day before occupancy.
11. The client understands that the agreed rate is for a stay of a specified period. In the case a guest shortens a stay any monies already paid will not be refunded and a higher tariff will apply and will be backdated to the date of check-in. This higher tariff will be based on tariffs charged for similar units for the period. The deposit will not be refunded or credited to your stay.
12. Where a client decides not to proceed with a booking and fails to provide at least 7 days advance notice to Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation that the booking is no longer required, in addition to forfeiture of the deposit as specified in paragraph 9 above, a minimum charge of one night’s accommodation at the maximum rate for a unit of the class booked shall be payable and debited to the credit card supplied.
13. Unless alternative arrangements have been made with management checkout time is 10.00 am. As housekeeping staff are employed from the time of their arrival at the units a charge of $10 per 15 minutes will be incurred for late checkout.
14. The property is being supplied on a rental basis and the client needs to make arrangements for insurance of any possessions and damage to contents.
15. Management reserves the right at its absolute discretion to decline or cancel bookings where it considers such action to be appropriate.
16. All accommodation offerings are strictly non-smoking and breaches will incur a minimum befoulment charge of $250.00.
17. Clients agree to leave the property in the same condition as when occupancy commenced, linen may be left on the bed and towels in the bathroom. Additional cleaning charges at a minimum rate of $200 shall be incurred and debited to your credit card if the unit is not left in the same condition as when occupancy commenced. Charges of $30 per incident will apply if we need to replace furniture to the original position.
18. If the client leaves the unit unsecured and items are damaged or stolen the client agrees to replace the items or compensate Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation for these.
19. If access to the unit is required for maintenance and so on, management shall endeavor to provide the client with at least 24 hours’ notice.
20. Management reserves the right to enter apartments and turn off air-conditioning/heating when it is obvious that the occupant has departed the premises and these appliances are still operational.
21. Units are clean and supplied with fresh bed linen on arrival. For the units with internal laundries, spare sets of each are provided to allow clients to self-launder these items themselves. For occupancy in the Studio Units, complimentary linen service is provided weekly. Apartments are thoroughly serviced on departure but not during your stay unless requested. Additional charges apply for daily or weekly requested service to the unit.
22. For stays of two weeks or longer the client is responsible for the cost of electricity from the first day of occupancy. The tariff for longer-term bookings reflects that the client is paying considerably less for longer-term accommodation than the daily rate, hence the additional electricity charge.
- There are 2 options to choose from: Contact ACTEW on 13 12 93 and provide your details to ensure your electricity supply. The electricity account will then be sent directly to you.
- You may choose the option of adding an additional amount of $60 per week for a 2 bedroom unit. $40 per week for a full 1 bedroom, and $30 per week for a studio unit.
23. Guests are asked to advise of any damages/breakages during their stay. Any damages or missing items that are discovered after departure will be charged a rectification cost of +50%. This will be charged to the provided credit card.
24. WIFI: Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation will endeavour to provide access to free WIFI on specified services. The speed and reliability of WIFI depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- The capability of devices connecting to WIFI;
- The availability of the telecommunications network providing WIFI;
- The physical location of the unit;
- The level of usage of WIFI in each unit; and
- Signal interference and general internet congestion
- Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation does not guarantee that access to WIFI will be continuous, fault-free, secure, or accessible at all times.
25. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation accepts no liability for any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur in securing replacement accommodation should the property become uninhabitable (e.g. natural disaster, floods, fire structure damage, or the cessation of our tenancy agreement with the property owner. We will try and accommodate you in another property if possible).
26. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation may cancel this agreement with at any time to the occupant, no cancellation fee will be payable should this occur.
27. Upon occupancy, the client will be deemed to have accepted the conditions of occupancy as outlined in the above paragraphs.
28. In the event of the credit card declining the cancellation of bookings will automatically occur.
29. If you proceed with your booking you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
30. Promotion Codes:
- Promotion codes are valid for stays from 1 night to 4 weeks and only apply to the Daily and Weekly rates.
- Each guest is entitled to one promotion code per booking.
- Promotion codes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other coupons, offers, discounts, or promotions offered by Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation.
- Promotion codes may be subject to a specified time limit and time frame.
- Promotion codes may be redeemed online and quoted over the phone or via email when booking direct.
- Promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously placed with Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation.
Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation reserves the right to discontinue a promotion at any time.