Summer is here Canberra, it’s time to support local and discover what our capital city has to offer. If you need somewhere to stay, Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation in Griffith has cost effective, fully-equiped and self-catering units offering comfort and convenience for your summer stay. There are plenty of reasons to explore the nation’s capital and here is a list of activities to enjoy this holiday season:
- Know My Name: Australian Women Artists 1900 to Now is an initiative of the National Gallery of Australia showcasing and celebrating significant contributions of Australian women artists. The free exhibition brings together more than 300 works and runs from Nov 14 2020 to Jan 31 2021.
- HERE I AM: Art By Great Women is running for the entire summer from 20 Nov 2020 to 28 Feb 2021 and is a new free festival celebrating women creatives held at the Cultural Centre Kambri, ANU. This family-friendly festival aims to re-energise Canberra’s cultural landscape and will showcase over 100 featured artists.
- Out of This World: Australia In The Space Age exhibition is currently on display at the National Archives of Australia until 14 March 2021. The free exhibition covers the exciting days from the 1950s through to the 1970s featuring something for everyone, from cutting-edge scientific research to space-age toys, design, television plus meet Mr Squiggle!
- Hilltops Cherry Harvest is on until 31 Dec 2020. If you’re a foodie, a road tripper, or you just want to explore the region, you’re in luck! The cherry orchards are bursting with juicy fruit, the cellars are stocked and the best thing? It’s an easy road trip from Canberra to the orchards.
- Contentious Character Vineyard is hosting a Christmas Shopping Fair on 29 Nov 2020. All are welcome to come along and taste before you buy with award winning wine, chocolate, cheeses and nibbles. Book a session for $30 from 11am to 12.30pm or 4pm to 5.30pm.
- Christmas Sparkle Market is running from 5 to 6 Dec 2020 at the Pearce Community Centre, this little market features Canberra region makers and artisans. A good choice if you like to shop minus hectic crowds.
- Canberra Potters Christmas Fair is running from 10 to 20 Dec 2020. The Canberra Potters are offering a range of works from local potters and ceramicists at their annual Christmas Fair. Running from 10am – 4pm at the Watson Arts Centre, there will be a huge range of ceramic art and pottery all made by local creatives.
Whatever your reason for needing short to long term accommodation this summer, Canberra Short Term & Holiday Accommodation will always be here as your home away from home and give you the space to live your life. Simply pick up the phone and call us on (02) 6260 6613, send an email to email@example.com or head to our website. If you are heading out to enjoy the sunshine this holiday season make sure to enjoy yourself and stay safe.